Am I crazy for buying a crib before I'm even pregnant?
An acquaintance of mine (a girl I went to school with) posted pictures on Facebook of her two cribs that her boys had used wanting to sell them. I privately asked her about price, condition, etc. After discussing it with my husband, we decided to go ahead and buy it. My husband was worried that it would upset me too much to have a crib in the house with no baby to occupy it. I understand his hesitation, but I couldn't pass up such a good opportunity. The crib is in GREAT condition and came with the mattress and was a really good price.
We didn't put it together, just brought all the pieces up to the future baby room and left them un-assembled in there and shut the door. We are going to wait until we are actually getting the nursery ready for when baby is actually on the way.
I'm not crazy, right??
I know this is an old post, but I don't think you're crazy. I'm a huge bargain hunter, so if I see something baby related for an awesome deal, I (usually) buy it. Sometimes it hurts to see the pile of baby things in my closet, but it also gives me hope that some day we'll have a little one that gets to use them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying I'm not crazy!! When I was really in a low spot emotionally, it was really hard for me to see the crib, but it's been ok the past few months (and now I can't wait to use it since I got my BFP earlier today!!)
Delete