Saturday, October 12, 2013

After a long break....

It's been 7 months since I wrote in my blog.  I could tell you (whoever you are, if anyone even exists) a bunch of reasons why I haven't posted anything, but it doesn't matter.  I just found a FABULOUS blog (http://whoshotdownmystork.blogspot.com/) and read the whole thing tonight.  Even though my in-laws are in town and staying with us, I ignored them all evening to read the blog.  I don't know if, or how much, it helped, as she has been through WAY more than I have in my journey.  It scares me to think of being where she is now, with a miscarriage after IVF, and now working on her 2nd IVF.  This of course, after FOUR YEARS of TTC.  I'm only 14 months into official TTC and just starting to see a specialist.

I've been on Clomid all summer.  And this month is officially my LAST on Clomid, according to my new doc.  We are still trying the "old-fashioned" way (as in, no IUI yet).  And I was trying  acupuncture too.... Hey, you never know.... I don't actually know if it was doing any good, but at $20 a week, I can't keep doing it if I'm going to be paying for more expensive meds and treatments.  Our health insurance doesn't cover squat, so everything is out of pocket.  I've already had one appointment with labs, a $1,000 SIS (saline-infused something... an ultrasound to check and see if I had any cysts or fibroids on my uterine lining which would cause problems with implantation), which was normal (thank goodness), and so many months of clomid, metformin, and progesterone.  I couldn't bring myself to pay for the $250 FUS (follicular ultrasound) to see if the Clomid was working.  It's CD #13 today, so my partner and I will be having lots of scheduled "fun" this weekend (whether my in-laws are here or not!!!!).

Well, insomnia tonight.... catching up on the DVR....

No comments:

Post a Comment