I don't know how to tell people to stop talking to me about my cycle, how hard we're trying, or if I'm pregnant yet. I've been reading a really good book today "A Few Good Eggs" and the chapter that really meant a lot to me was called "Who do you tell? (Or, when people you love say stupid things)."
Do you know how condescending and depressing it is for your friends to say "just relax and it will happen!"???? If that was all it took, do you think I would put my young, otherwise healthy, almost 27 year old body through the stress of the 7-8 pills I take daily for my fertility issues??????? And do you know how depressing it is to hear it from your friend who has a healthy 4 1/2 month old and got pregnant (with out medical intervention) on her second cycle she was trying? I've considered telling people we've stopped trying, just to get them off our backs.
Back to Clomid this month. Today is day 6 of my cycle and both husband and I have some non-baby related stress in our lives that I worry will get in the way. Maybe I need to watch one less tv show a day and do my yoga more often. Just make a habit of doing it every night before I go to bed.
I've been praying a lot more lately. Last Sunday, our parish priest came to our home for a house blessing. We had moved in exactly a year ago from the day of the blessing, and it was a nice day. We had friends and family over, and the house blessing was very nice. We (just my husband and I) followed our priest around to each room of the house to individually bless them. When we got to the empty room (the future nursery), we told him what it was going to be. We stood in the room in silence for a moment, then our priest offered up a very nice prayer for our future family. I stood there next to my husband and just nuzzled into him for a moment, tears coming to my eyes as I thought, "What family? This all seems fruitless!" All this and we haven't even had to go to more invasive procedures for getting pregnant (IUI, IVF)! I pray that we never have to go there, but I know that it may be a possibility.
This bears repeating- Stop telling me that all I have to do is relax and forget about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment