Friday, January 24, 2014

12 Week Update

So I just realized I never gave an update on my "12" week appointment.  I put 12 in quotes because I was only 11w2d.  The clinic wanted me to see the actual doctor this time, and she was leaving for vacation the next day.  I had to pee in a cup, which I luckily had no problems supplying a sample this time! My doctor went over my blood results from the last appointment, made sure I had been feeling okay, then got to the important part. She told me if she couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler, we would go right in and get a vaginal ultrasound. It took her a couple of minutes to find the baby's heartbeat- she found mine 3 different times before she found the baby's.  But finally- there it was- beating away at 160!

There are a couple of girls whose blogs I read that just got home dopplers. I CAN SEE WHY!!!!  My doctor only had the Doppler on the baby's heart beat for MAYBE 15 seconds. As I'm sitting here writing this post, I just want to hear my little peanut.  I was sick on Monday with a nasty stomach bug, and I just want to know that everything is alright. I still have 23 days to go before my next appointment!!!!  I think maybe I'm going to head over to Amazon and do some research :)

I hope all of you ladies are doing well.  Know that each time I read your blogs, I say a little prayer for  you and your family, whether you are currently pregnant or not.  For those who are pregnant, I pray for safe and healthy pregnancies.  For those that aren't, I pray that you have success very soon.  But please know that I pray for each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been a beautiful fifteen seconds though!! I know some people who love their dopplers and some who always have difficulty finding the heartbeat which just stresses them out. So if you get one, just remember it might be hard to find sometimes! I'm glad everything is going well, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never bring myself to buy a doppler. I knew if I couldn't locate the heartbeat, which can happen pretty regularly when they are still small, I would totally freak out and wind up in my OB's office every other day. But some of the women in my pregnancy group swear by them. They say you just have to promise yourself that you won't freak out if you don't get the heartbeat. No way I could do that. Wait till you feel the baby moving around, then you'll never have to worry!

    ReplyDelete