Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Flat Orange Soda

Sitting at the clinic waiting the hour before my labs can be drawn for the glucose tolerance test.  The drink was not quite as nasty as I thought it would be.  Although, as I'm sitting here, my stomach is started to feel a little upset from all the sugar.  It tasted like flat orange soda, or the juice of those "freezie" pops.

I wasn't even thinking about the test this morning, and ended up eating a pretty good sized bowl of CHOCOLATE chex cereal.  I managed to remember before I finished, so I didn't eat the whole thing, and I didn't drink the chocolatey milk that remained in the bowl.  I had a salad for lunch, and skipped eating my yogurt and clementines.

Even if I pass today (please, God, let me pass!!!), I still have to do the test again at 26ish weeks like "normal" pregnant ladies.

Also, my clinic makes you provide a urine sample EVERY time I come in for a prenatal appointment.  Anybody else have to do this?  I thought it was kind of weird, but at least this time I had just finished a big bottle of water before I left work, so I was perfectly ready to provide my sample.

I've gained about 3 pounds so far, but I'm chalking some of that up to the holidays.  Normally my holiday eating season ends right after Christmas, but my in-laws couldn't come until New Year's, so I was eating a little more decadently for a week longer than I normally do.  We'll see what my doctor thinks.... I don't think she'll be too concerned at this point.  I think I've been eating pretty well since my in-laws left...

I'll write about the rest of the appointment tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment