I passed. I passed with flying colors. I was a lot more careful with my diet on Thursday, plus I think testing right away in the morning helped. I'm going to talk to my doctor later and see if I can just do the one hour test at 28 weeks. If I passed the 3-hour test so easily, what's to say I won't pass the 1-hour just as easily? I was only 5 points away from passing.
I've been feeling what I think is the "nesting" instinct lately... I am not one to really want to clean/organize (I **want** a nice clean, organized house, just have a hard time motivating myself to actually do it). Most of the afternoon yesterday, I spent re-organizing the laundry room cabinets and the front hall closet. My goal for tomorrow (day off for MLK day- one of the benefits of working for the government) is to tackle the baby's room and the guest room. This weekend, I also am planning on making some window valences for our dining room, living room, and the guest room as well as some curtains for my husband's office. The couple who lived here before us left theirs, and they are a little "up north woods-y" and "old lady-ish." It's a project I've been meaning to get to since we moved almost 2 years ago, so I'm glad to have the motivation to get it done.
I could use some prayers for a family friend. She is in her mid-thirties, and had a major heart event recently, 2 weeks after having a baby. She is currently in the ICU recovering, but she had one of her major arteries dissect (tear apart) and the damage caused her to have a heart attack. She has 7 young children at home (yes, I've had those moments where I find her extreme fertility to be very disheartening), including her 2-week old. I don't know how long she'll be in the hospital, but I do know that it is going to be a VERY long recovery. She could use all the prayers she can get.
Oh what a relief you're okay! I'll be thinking of your friend. How awful :(
ReplyDelete