Sunday, January 12, 2014

All is Fine

Oh my gosh... I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started doing it regularly again in November.  I'M SORRY!!!  I have been reading my blogs, but haven't really had anything to write about.

As far as I know, all is well with the pregnancy.  I'm still not nauseous (thank god), my boobs don't hurt as much, and I *think* I'm starting to show.  At least, just to myself.  There's a lot of belly fat for the baby to get past before I start to actually look pregnant to other people.  I have my next prenatal appointment on Tuesday.  I have to have my 1-hour glucose tolerance test at that appointment because of my PCOS.  Ladies- any tips on helping me pass the test??  I really don't want to have to do the 3 hour test!!!

It's be a tough week personally, though.  My 6th grade teacher, who inspired my love of teaching (I'm a public health nurse, which calls for a lot of teaching), passed away on Thursday at the way-to-young-age of 61.  She battled ovarian cancer for 4 years, and just retired last year after 38 years of teaching the same grade, in the same classroom, while inspiring THOUSANDS of students.  It will not be easy to say good-bye to her.

Risa over at Who Shot Down My Stork? posted this absolutely wonderful article on her blog's FB page: The Disgrace of Infertility.  I didn't really understand how infertility fills up your whole life, even after you get pregnant, until now.  Yesterday I went to a party to meet up with some old coworkers from the hospital.  Most of them know I am pregnant, due to the beauty of Facebook, and one of them said, "yeah, but it didn't take you that long..." I replied, "No, it took us almost a year and a half of trying with help."  How is that not a long time?  Sure, if we had been trying without help from the medical community, a year and a half wouldn't be that long, but a year and a half of constant worry, hope, disappointment, fear, wonder, anticipation- it starts to wear on you, especially when no one around you knows what it's like.  But I never understood how IF follows you everywhere you go.  It's depressing.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if your coworker is infertile? I would think most people consider a year+ of trying to be a long time. Huh.

    Anyway, good to hear from you! I'm sorry about your teacher. It sounds like she accomplished so much, and it's truly a loss to that school. Hope you're well xx

    ReplyDelete