That's how long I "get" to be at the clinic tomorrow because I FAILED my 1-hour glucose test on Tuesday. The cut off was 130, my level was 135!! I totally believe that it's because of what I ate that day... and the fact that I finished my lunch about an hour and a half before my appointment...
So I get to do the 3-hour test tomorrow morning. My appointment is set for 8:30, and I have to fast for (I think) 10 and a half hours prior to the test, which I hope means it won't be as affected by the food that I eat. I am being a LOT more careful today about what I eat, so I hope that will translate to a negative test tomorrow. My fasting blood sugar was I think 70 the last time I had it drawn, so that was normal...
IF it is positive, I feel like it will all be okay. I was telling a coworker about the failed 1-hour test yesterday, and she said that she failed her 3-hour test for her recent pregnancy (I think her baby is 8 months old), and that she was able to control it with her diet and exercise. She very graciously offered to work with me on a food plan if my 3-hour test is positive. It's nice to know that I have resources out there to help me figure this out.
My husband was really worried when I got home on Tuesday. He said, "So, does this mean you have diabetes, like, forever?" Being a nurse, I could see where he was coming from, so I explained to him that no, I don't have diabetes forever. The extra hormones my body is making to help our baby develop, coupled with my PCOS, is causing the higher sugar levels.
If the test tomorrow is negative, I'll still have to repeat the test at 28 weeks. My doctor told me that because I failed the 1-hour test this time, I'll just go right to the 3-hour test at 28 weeks.
Well, must remember to charge my iPad so that I can watch some Netflix while I sit in the clinic for three hours tomorrow!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment