Friday, January 31, 2014

I think I'm showing???

At least to myself, when I pull back the lovely roll of chub around my belly.  My uterine area definitely looks a little puffier, and it's not as squishy when I poke it.  Apparently the baby moves when I do that, though it can't be felt yet.  I think that's really cool!!

I've had the hardest time finding new bras... My current ones are going to be outgrown soon, so I've been shopping for a few weeks.  I've just been going to a regular department store and trying to find ones without an underwire, which I've read is a lot more comfortable for pregnant women.  I'm not the kind of person to actually try things on in the store- dressing rooms are usually so messy and I hate taking time while I'm shopping to try things on.  I'd much rather just take them home and try them on in my own time.  If they don't fit, I just return them.

Anyway, I've bought two different styles without a wire, and both of them just didn't work!!  My mom and I are going shopping in a little bit and I'm going to hit up a maternity store in the area where we'll be shopping.  Hopefully I'll have some luck there!!

I have to say, the news reports coming out of Atlanta are a little funny to me.  Don't get me wrong- I totally understand that they are NOT equipped to handle any kind of snow fall, but living in Minnesota my entire life has equipped me to handle snow a lot better than people who live in the southern part of the states.  I read a blog by Erika who lives a little ways outside of Atlanta, and it's been really interesting reading her perspective on snow.  We got 6 inches yesterday morning, and although it wreaked havoc with the morning commute, nothing was shut down, school still went on, and people (eventually) made it to work.  For instance, my husband normally has a 20-30 minute commute in the morning, but yesterday it took over an hour and a half.  I heard stories of people from Atlanta being stuck on the freeway for over 14 hours!!  I can't even imagine that!!  Well, Erika, I hope you and your husband are ok, and that your grocery stores aren't totally ransacked!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple Lane Bryant bras without underwire that are *okay*, but I've never felt fully supported without wire. I use them for exercise and not much else. If you find good ones, let me know :) Yay for showing! Soon there'll be no question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Adi - I need an underwire. Just doesn't feel like enough support without one (I guess a sports bra is the one exception to that rule, for me). But I've been told that when you get nursing bras (not till month 8 or 9), you should get ones without underwire because underwire can cause blocked milk ducts. Fun. So I will suck it up then and go no underwire. I went and got fitted for a bra recently. I'm glad I did because there's no way I would have figured out my new proper size if I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete