Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Heartbroken for a Dear Friend

I don't really have any words for this.  I just can't understand it. I am hoping, praying, wishing for a miracle.

Anne (or Adi, as she has "come out" today) at The Second Bedroom went in for her 6-week ultrasound.  The doctor saw two empty sacs.  She texted me and my heart just sunk all the way to my feet.  She and I were paired up as sock buddies in a sock exchange recently and became instant friends. We both got our first BFPs 5 days apart from each other.

Megs over at Work is for Suckers wrote a really nice post for our dear friend and she said that sometimes a miracle occurs.  Here's what she wrote- "I had read some stories on the internet about women who got to this point and there was miraculously a heartbeat when the doc did the last ultrasound check."

I have this hope that maybe the doctor wasn't looking close enough, or that it was just too early to see anything.  I know it's not very likely.  All I can do is say a lot of prayers that she and her husband are able to find some comfort and peace. 

Love and prayers to Adi/Anne and her husband as they go through this unimaginable event in their IF journey.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetie. I'm not hopeful for a miracle but I wasn't hopeful for a BFP and I got that, so who knows? I'm just grateful to have the support of all my lovely bloggy friends, and the hope that comes of watching you and Megs growing those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for her too, Becky. I know it doesn't happen often, but I do know people it's happened to, so why not our Adi?

    ReplyDelete