Monday, December 2, 2013

Telling the Family

So we told our parents and my sister-in-law (my older brother was working, and my younger brother was sick) that we were pregnant on Friday.  It went pretty well.  We gave my sister-in-law her Christmas "present" since she isn't able to come back to celebrate with us.  We gave her a onesie that said "I <3 Auntie" and a bib that said "If you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt."  I'll summarize my observations:

1. I have no idea how our dads reacted- I honestly wasn't paying any attention to them.
2. I think my mother was utterly shocked.  Her reaction was less than what I had hoped.
3. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law had EXACTLY the reaction I was hoping for- surprised, excited, and over-joyed.

I did get it on video (sort of).  I haven't had the chance to upload it onto my computer yet, and I have to cut out the end of it where I set down the camera and forgot to turn it off when my sister-in-law came running at me to give me a hug.

My first appointment and ultrasound are Friday, December 20th.  My clinic apparently doesn't see patients until 8 weeks, even those who did infertility treatments.  It's going to be a long 18 days!!!!  We plan on telling our extended family on Christmas, and our friends after that.

As far as our friends go, we aren't telling our best friends (the ones who have the one-year-old) until we tell the rest of our friends.  We really don't feel like giving them special treatment, and therefore won't be telling them before the rest of our friends.

3 comments:

  1. I really hope to tell everyone at Christmas. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions. We're telling my bestie this weekend and I plan on buying her a little gift. I bet she cries :) I'm so glad you got at least one reaction you were looking for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for your first appointment! I love how you told your sister-in-law! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting!!! I hope your first appointment goes great!

    ReplyDelete