I have been thinking about Adi a lot this week. Her procedure is tomorrow, and I can't imagine the myriad of emotions she's going through right now. Please continue to pray/send good thoughts for her and her husband as they go through this unfortunate event.
One of my new coworkers came over to my cube this morning wanting to ask me a question. Wait, ask ME a question?? I'm soooo not the person to ask, as I imagined that it was something related to the job. No, this was a personal question.
Little background- yesterday we had our holiday potluck for our department. I ended up sitting at a table with her, and they were asking about how I was feeling (most everybody at work knows I'm pregnant). The conversation got to the point where I mentioned all of my lovely IF bloggy friends (that's right, that's YOU!!!).
Fast forward to this morning. This lovely coworker asked me if I had gone through fertility treatments to get pregnant, and I of course told her yes, I have PCOS. She got so excited because she has it too and needed meds in order to get pregnant with her now ADORABLE 18-month-old little boy. We even figured out that we go to the same clinic!! Different doctors, but small world!! It was really nice to talk with her about our IF journey and to know that she knew what I was going through.
She "liked" this article on FB, and since I'm not "Facebook official" yet, I didn't want to like it too and give my friends a reason to speculate. I did read it though, and it is such a good article. Please read it. Why We Shouldn't Have to Keep Pregnancy a Secret for the First Trimester
Loved that article! Thank you for sharing! I feel so sad about Adi's situation both for her & for the fact that it happens FAR too often.
ReplyDelete