So here is the first question:
How did you and your partner decide when you were ready to start trying to conceive?
Before we got married, one of the things we discussed was how long we each wanted to wait after getting married. I wanted to wait a year, maybe a year and a half and my husband wanted to wait "at least two years." I told him my concerns, that it was not going to be easy once we decided to start. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS, so I knew we would need medical intervention to get pregnant.
After about a year and a half of marriage, in the Spring of 2012, we started discussing how ready we were for kids. My husband was (and to a much lesser extent, still is) nervous about the idea of becoming a father, so we decided to discuss it on a month-to-month basis for the next few months. We went on a short road trip up to the North Shore for my husband's cousin's wedding at the end of July. We spent the two-hour drive discussing the topic, because we were coming up to the end of my cycle with birth control and I wanted to know if I would be done with BC or not. My husband was like, "I'd like to wait one more month." I got frustrated, so we ended the conversation for the moment. Once we got home at then end of the weekend, the topic was brought back up, and I asked him, "What difference will one more month really make?" To my surprise, he agreed with me! We stopped using birth control a week later :D
No comments:
Post a Comment