Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Infertility Challenge- #8 and #9

I'm getting really excited to start my new job on Monday!!  This week I'm trying to get everything set before I start, which includes 7 loads of laundry, and having a bunch of friends over on Saturday night for game night.

Share a recipe for your favorite alcoholic drink (or, if you don’t drink, it can be non-alcoholic but make it fun!), and your favorite comfort and/or post-BFN food.

I'm not a huge drinker, although I do enjoy a nice amaretto sour occaisionally.  My favorite recipe is something we lovingly refer to as "crack."  It's a home-made hot chocolate that isn't so chocolate-y but is really good when you want to warm up your soul (ok, that sounds cheesy, but it's true).

1 15 oz box powdered milk
1 regular container Nestlé Quik
8 oz Non-dairy coffee creamer
1 cup powdered sugar

Use about 1/2 cup mix for each drink.

My favorite post-BFN food would be McDonald's French Fries and a Mango Pineapple smoothie.

What was the first baby or pregnancy-related purchase you ever made? Was it before or after you started trying to conceive? Or was it after you were already pregnant? Why did you choose that particular item to buy first? If you haven’t purchased anything yet, why not?


I don't remember what my first purchase was, but it was definitely after we started trying.  We have a crib already that we bought in March from a high-school acquaintance.  It is in great condition and was SUPER cheap.  I also have a bottle warmer that a friend gave me because she already had one.  I routinely find myself in the baby aisles at Target and I have the hardest time resisting the cute little outfits, the toys, the insanely low prices on things that will keep until we have a little one.  Some days when I'm really depressed and I'm shopping with someone (my mom, my husband, a friend), I go just a little crazy and make them help me avoid the area.  It's harder with my best friend because she has a little one, so she often wants things for her son, but it's so tempting and at the same time incredibly depressing knowing that I still can't shop there.

I have bought a couple of "maternity" clothing items- a maxi dress and a couple of tops.  They were all super cute, on sale when I bought them, and don't really look like maternity clothes unless you are really looking at them.

---
TWW almost over... Sunday's the day.  I'm not very hopeful.  Mostly I'm just hoping that AF arrives on her own.  Must remember to call IF clinic tomorrow to find out what to do if she doesn't and I get a BFN.  My new doc doesn't want to go with my old protocol, and I don't know the new one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment