Had a GREAT night last night. We had about a dozen friends come over for game night. We played a bunch of different games, including my new favorite, Cards Against Humanity. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a dirty, crude version of Apples to Apples. There were some very funny moments in the game!!
I had POAS on Friday morning and got a BFN (not surprisingly), so I did enjoy a few cocktails last night, which was nice. I'm not a huge drinker, but it was still fun to have a couple drinks.
I called the clinic on Friday, and the NP that I spoke to wasn't sure of what the plan will be if I don't get my period. I'm supposed to call back tomorrow and ask again. I'm hoping AF just shows up today. I've found that since we've starting trying, some months I can't WAIT for AF to come, because it means a new chance at getting pregnant. Especially this month, since we are kicking Clomid to the curb and trying Femara next. I want to get started on the new drug to see if it works.
If a very observant stranger were to walk into your house, what clues could lead them to believe that you have struggled with infertility?
The empty crib in the nursery is a pretty dead give-away. The pill box on my sink that has more pills in it than a healthy 27-year old should be taking. The few baby items in the storage room waiting to have a purpose. The book on my nightstand "What to Expect BEFORE You Are Expecting." The maternity clothes in my closet that I really had no business buying, but thought maybe THIS cycle will be the one.
If you are not yet pregnant/a parent: What are you MOST and LEAST looking forward to after that first beta?
Most: figuring out a creative way of telling people. Most of my current ideas revolve around revealing near a holiday. We'll probably tell our parents pretty soon after we find out. I don't think I'm going to tell anyone else (including my best friends) until at least a few weeks later (probably not until week 8 or 12) because of this:
Least: The crippling fear that after everything we've gone through to get pregnant, that it will end in a miscarriage. All the pills, all the tests, the joy of finding out something FINALLY worked, and I'm terrified that it will end too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment