You get a two-for-one today, since I wasn't home AT ALL yesterday. I worked 12 hours, then went to my parents' place downtown for games. BUT it was my last weekend shift for the foreseeable future, so that is super exciting!! I start my new job a week from today, and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Discuss how you found your way into the ALI community, and what being part of it has meant to you – good and bad.
I'm fairly new to the community. My mother-in-law told me about the blog Who Shot Down My Stork? when she was here visiting a week and a half ago. The lady who writes the blog is funny, but at the same time, very informative and very welcoming. I connected up with her and am hoping to meet her soon to have a support buddy. She's in the middle of her 2nd IVF treatment, so she needs all the prayers and good juju you can give her.
I am so glad that she is willing to meet me, because that's really what I've been missing this whole time- someone who knows what I'm going through and can be an understanding friend when I need one.
If you had gotten pregnant that first month you started trying, how would you have been a different parent? What changes have you made to your parenting style (either current or future) in the time you spent trying to conceive?
When we started trying, my husband was REALLY nervous about becoming a father. He's still nervous, but since we've started trying, he's gotten a chance to be around babies (something he hadn't really ever gotten before in his life) and is a lot more comfortable around babies. I think for me, the infertility is going to change the way I discipline my little one. Not that I won't discipline at all, but it will be a lot harder for me after everything I've gone through to have a child. I'm also hoping that infertility will help with my patience level (it's not doing a very good job so far).
No comments:
Post a Comment