Alright, we'll do the cycle update first. Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, it was a REALLY busy 2nd week at work and I'm still trying to get situated there. I do like the job a lot though!
So it's day 12 today, and I had a FUS (follicular ultrasound) on Wednesday morning to see if the Femara did its job. Left ovary- a couple of small, won't-do-anything follicles. Right ovary- one big GIANT follicle that the NP said looked very promising. She told me that this routinely happens with Femara- you end up with only one ovary that produces good-enough follicles. Oh well, all you need is one!! I also just gave myself my very first fertility-related shot tonight- Ovidrel. I actually closed my eyes. I have poked soooo many people as a nurse and that NEVER bugs me, but for some reason, giving myself a shot just FREAKS me out. And this was even the bitty-baby needle! It wasn't a giant IM needle, just a tiny sub-q needle.
My husband and I got a little upset at each other on Wednesday when I told him the plan for the next few days (timed intercourse, the shot, etc). It wasn't exactly sexy or romantic to say "we have to have sex on Wednesday, and Friday, and Saturday." The fight didn't last long and we are back to our old selves again. I shaved my legs tonight, so that should be a nice surprise for him :D maybe up the romance-quotient a bit :P
How has your financial situation affected your infertility journey?
We have health insurance, but it doesn't cover anything past getting diagnosed with infertility. So basically- my insurance doesn't cover any of the treatments I am receiving. The Ovidrel alone cost me $130! The FUS cost over $250.... We do have money saved up, but I was hoping to save that for when there actually IS a baby. I will obviously do anything for a baby, but why does it all cost so much??
Talk about a time when you made someone in your life understand more about infertility.
A lot has changed since I was born. My mom had PCOS too, and got pregnant using Clomid three times. We talked about infertility a lot today as we ran some errands together. She told me that when Clomid first came out, they had a lot of problems with hyperstimulation, so women ended up with a LOT of eggs. Obviously they've changed some things, but it was really interesting to learn about when it first came out.
Ok, that was more about me learning about infertility.... But my mom has been really interested in learning about everything I've had to do in my infertility journey. Like I said, a lot has changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment