Vent first: It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wasn't supposed to go to his first birthday party without a baby. I was supposed to have a newborn, or at least be pregnant. Instead, I find myself 15 months into my infertility journey right where I was a year ago. No BFPs, countless cycles of wondering and waiting, and no real hope to speak of. To make it worse, my best friend (who is the mother of the 1-year-old) has told me on multiple occasions that they are going to start trying for #2 soon. What is going to happen if she gets pregnant again before I do? I don't know how I'm going to handle it.
What do you use the “nursery” for right now? If you already had a baby, what did you use it for before pregnancy?
The nursery, or "Thing 1" as we lovingly refer to it as, is kind of a nursery right now. Back at the beginning of the year, we purchased a crib from a high school classmate of mine. It was in excellent condition and we probably would have spent 3 times as much on a brand new one, so we decided that it was a smart purchase to make at the time. We didn't set it up at first, as it bothered me to even see the pieces sitting in the room. I did set it up this summer, as I was babysitting my best friend's little one (the one whose birthday party we just went to), and it just made sense to have it set up so that he could sleep there. That's really all that's in there now other than a couple of pieces of furniture that we don't have room for anywhere else. When we are ready to make it into a real nursery, it will need a paint job and some more furniture. There is a really cute piece of artwork that I've seen either at Target or Kohl's that I'm thinking I am going to buy next time I see it. It's grey and yellow and says "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." It's SUPER cute!!! I really want to use it as a base for the nursery, as it's gender neutral and won't really go out of style.
Hey we're paired up for the sock exchange! It's great to "meet" you. We bought a dresser for our non-nursery this past summer because it was such a good deal and matched my theme.. Now it stares at me, emptily, and I sort of wish we hadn't bought it. But I love the idea of a "You Are My Sunshine" print. It's my favorite children's song. Anyway, my email is the2ndbedroom at gmail if you want to email so we can exchange info.
ReplyDelete