Saturday, November 16, 2013

Infertility Challenge- #27 and #28

Sorry for the absence... I don't really have a good excuse...  Look for another post later today for a cycle update!!

If you had known that you would have trouble conceiving, what would you have done differently in life? If you already knew, did that knowledge affect your other life choices?
We knew going in I would have trouble getting pregnant.  I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 months before I started dating my husband.  We had a lot of discussions prior to getting married about how long we wanted to wait before starting to try to get pregnant.  I wanted to only wait a year because I knew it would take time, but my husband wanted to wait more like 2 or 3 years before trying.  Well, we were house hunting when our 1st anniversary rolled around, so we put the discussion off until we moved into our house.  We started trying 2 months before our second anniversary, and here we are, almost 2 months after our third anniversary with no baby...

Have you ever done something “non-traditional” in order to help you conceive?
I started doing acupuncture this summer because I figured, "hey, it can't make it worse..."  I went religiously every week through the summer, but my favorite practitioner only practices at the place I go on Tuesday mornings.  Now that I have a regular 9-5 job, it doesn't really give me time to go.  I've tried some of the other practitioners (it's a community clinic, so it's a sliding scale fee and everyone sits in the same big room to get their acupuncture), and I don't like them very much, so I haven't been going as much.

I also bought a vial of "hormone imbalance" essential oils that I occasionally put on.  My mom also gave me a "fertility goddess" statue that's been sitting on my nightstand since we started trying.  I don't actually know if any of it is working, but you never know....

2 comments:

  1. I like these prompts; they're a neat idea! I would never be organized enough to stick with them though :) Also I'd love to try accupuncture but all the places around here are so expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try to find a community acupuncture place- the one I go to has a sliding fee scale. You pay what you are comfortable with between $15 and $40.

      And I just noticed yesterday that my 30 days are up, and I haven't yet finished all the questions. I really liked doing it though- it got me back into blogging, and now I don't think I'll be able to stop.

      Delete